2019 Duotone F Type
The latest trend is in foil surfing, which opens up a whole range of possibilities. Never before has it been possible to set into motion or ride the waves this quickly with so little wind. To get you started as quickly and as easily as possible, and to make sure the fun never ends while on the water, DUOTONE has introduced the new F_TYPE – the ideal sail for silently hovering over the water.
Foil surfing is absolutely amazing because you feel almost weightless and literally floating above everything – and all this at winds at which you would never previously have even thought about surfing. To enjoy foil surfing the easy and smart way, DUOTONE has developed a highly specialised sail in the form of the four-batten F_TYPE. Its features are designed exactly for this new activity and will be a boon helpful both for intermediate riders and for relaxed wave riders. This includes the lower profile with reduced loose leech, since very small sail sizes are used based on the wind strengths. Thanks to its high elasticity, the Dacron luff ensures easier pumping and an altogether more gentle feel. Because the rig is held more upright when foil surfing, your foot has significantly more reach in order to ensure closing the gap even in this position. Low wind pressure necessitates the use of two SOFT.CAMS, which can effortlessly reverse when shifting despite weak rotational forces. And it you want it to be even easier, you can even remove both cambers and use the F_TYPE as the ultimate no-cam foilboard.
- IDEAL FOR FOILRIDING
- Straighter luff curve, 4-batten-layout and a Dacron luff-panel all result in a softer and super light sail ideal for beginning and Foil Riding
- OPTIMUM AERODYNAMICS
- Increased foot roach to ensure optimum aerodynamics/performance despite the upright rig position
- SWITCH SOFT CAM
- To comply to the reduced wind pressure we use our unique SOFT CAMBER which can also be removed out (out = maximum handling, in = maximum wind range)
- REDUCED LOOSE LEECH
- Reduced loose leech adapted to the reduced drag of the foil
- VTS 2.0
- Optional QUICK RIGGING PATCH allows "to the spot" trimming without even looking to the top (patent pending)
- TRI PLY
- Tri Ply foot panel (150 micron): additional 3rd thread direction increases rip-stop ability by 30%
*STOCK NOTICE - Sadly we are unable to stock all 2019 products, but we should be able to supply you with any of the products listed in the tables above. So we can best serve you, if the item you require is not in the pull down boxes at the top of this page please use this link to email us or call on 01543 505084.
**PART EXCHANGE WELCOME - We will accept your equipment in part exchange against this product. For a quotation just send us an email with the details of the equipment and some pictures and we will work out a value for you. To get the ball rolling please use this link to email us for your quote.