The 2017 Simmer BlackTip 4.2 in very good condition.
COMPACT FOUR BATTEN WAVE SAIL
The 2017 Blacktip presents the best overall combination of drive and maneuverability in our wave sail range. Blacktip is the most popular choice for the modern progressive wave riding style when you have multiple factors at play like apparent wind, gusty power bands, competitive crowds, and the need to get planing quickly to get out of trouble. Blacktip features ultra-light and direct handling, while also providing an expanded wind range to allow the rider some flexibility in rigging and tuning. The compact outline offers a lot of front-end drive to generate speed in turns, the 4 batten profile extends the threshold of environments that one can venture out in. Blacktip goes from powered up to neutral instantly, which allows you to generate more torque off the bottom turn with a generous release of power off the top, all the while not compromising whatsoever in placement and position. Blacktip is always a top choice. It rides so effortless – everything feels easy !
The 2 MIL Q-Ply paneling in the top half of the sail, gives light swing-weight handling, while the bottom half of the sail is reinforced with X-Ply to handle tough conditions.
- The two kevlar stretch control tendons combined with a progressive batten layout secures the sail profile giving the sail a wide wind range
- A lower positioned clew ring to respond to a more upright sailing position, seen in multi-fin sailing.
- Low end power for early planing, high cut foot combined with relatively short boom for maneuverbility.
- Superb ability to de-power in the critical moment of a maneuver and very forgiving handling characteristic.
- Super light weight and superb performance.
- All paneles and seams aligned along the directions of the load lines to distribute the forces and create a light-weight yet durable sail.
“ The main advantages with the new Blacktip is that it is super light and very neutral, so it is really maneuverable. It keeps the drive all the way through the turn, even if the wave doesn’t have a lot of push and if your timing is less than perfect, the Blacktip still gives you the maneuverability and power to adjust your moves.“ - Klaas Voget G-4
Sadly we are unable to stock all 2017 products, but we should be able to supply you with any of the products listed in the tables above. So we can best serve you, if the item you require is not in the pull down boxes below please use this link to email us or call on 01543 505084.
**PART EXCHANGE WELCOME - We will accept your equipment in part exchange against this product. For a quotation just send us an email with the details of the equipment and some pictures and we will work out a value for you. To get the ball rolling please use this link to email us for your quote.