2016 NORTH WARP F2016
World Cup Racing
It took more than two years to develop the new shaping- and the design concept on which the WARP F2016 is based. Far more complex than previous designs, it incorporates diverse influences on the rig into the panel layout. The result is overwhelming: built from scratch using the NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN the new WARP generates approx. 30% more acceleration after starts and jibing which means a sensational performance boost. Unlike other “powerhouse” slalom sails out there the NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN guarantees that this extra power is achieved without the sail becoming extremely physical to sail! This means that there isn’t a sudden power explosion for the rider to handle but rather a continuous, very harmonious power delivery. This relieves the rider, giving them power reserves for the entire race and freedom in order to fully concentrate on race tactics.
Here is how NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN works:
Up until today there was a high price for maximum power and acceleration after jibing:
A. Extremely physical to sail: This happens when you “just” increase the profile depth while leaving the luff curve and loose leech unchanged. Massive luff curve, massive profile AND massive loose leech simply result in the sail becoming very physical as the power develops slightly delayed but like a bang.
B. Reduced stability and wind-range: This happens when you increase the profile and decrease the luff curve. Less luff curve reduces especially the leading-edge-tension which results in reduced stability and wind-range.
With the NO.COMPROMIS.DESIGN Kai Hopf achieves what everyone was aiming for but yet wasn’t possible:
Step 1: Kai increased the profile depth across the entire sail which results in a power boost after the start and jibing.
Step 2: Reduction of the luff curve. This reduces the sail body tension which allowed Kai to reduce the loose leech as well. The reduced loose leech leads to an instant/constant forward pull while the reduced sail body tension guarantees a soft power transmission (= less physical). We call this power made manageable.
Step 3: To prevent the sail from loosing stability/wind-range Kai went on re-designing the whole double-foil luff sleeve construction. Now the entire luff sleeve is made out of lower-stretch CROSS.YARN.LAMINATE. In addition he integrated a top to bottom non-stretch Kevlar strip to the leading edge. This all stiffens up the leading edge to avoid excessive bending in the fore-aft direction (while maintaining sideways flex). The reduced fore-aft bending is essential to keep the sail from loosing stability/wind-range. Plus it guarantees that the draft moves forward once you reduce the outhaul tension – which is essential for heavy weights and/or when sailing at the bottom end of the sails’ wind range to generate maximum forward pull.
- NEW: NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN: Guarantees an ideal mix of maximum power and forward pull without loosing stability/wind-range or becoming super physical
- SIZESPECIFIC.DESIGN: Thanks to three different, size-dependent concepts each sail size is individually matched to the wind strength
- 7.BATTEN.DESIGN: Makes the WARP F2016 the lightest Slalom sail on the market
- Less weight due to MINI.PROTECTOR and super light iROCKET batten tensioner
- MODERATE.CUTAWAY.CLEW: Less blow out / hinge-effect for more power and more direct acceleration
- HYPER.CAM: Again and again confirmed through magazine tests worldwide: The best rotating camber on the market
- ON.THE.COURSE – FOR.THE.COURSE: Developed and tested in real racing conditions on the course against all competitor sails convinced us that the WARP F2016 can beat anything out there!
**PART EXCHANGE WELCOME - We will accept your equipment in part exchange against this product. For a quotation just send us an email with the details of the equipment and some pictures and we will work out a value for you. To get the ball rolling please use this link to email us for your quote.